Sunday, November 26, 2006

shopped out

Thanksgiving was great! :) And the day after was exhausting! LOL

Okay, first the food: GINORMOUS turkey (27 pounds, and only 10 people, LOL), gravy (made with pan drippings), yeast rolls, red jello, green beans with onions (which I had to pick out), stuffing (which had onions, so I couldn't eat! LOL), yams and blueberries (very different but YUMMY), and my special mashed potatoes. I went over to my friend's house for the giant feast, and another 2 families also showed. We're all military, and it's the last T-Day we'll all have together, as I am moving in 5 weeks. For dessert, another family came over, and we had pumpkin pie, cheesecake, and chocolate cake (because my bday is the 24th). :D yum!!! Then we played a roaring 7 rounds of Catch-Phrase (girls vs guys). I LOVE that game!! I will have to buy it. :)

For the sales: I truly HAVE to get a new camera (I've been without one for over 2 months), and an external hard drive is a close second, so that's what we went out for.
Since we have 2 cars this year (first post-T-day that we've had 2 cars), I went to CompUSA while P-chan went to Best Buy. P-chan reports that BB had a line ALL around the store, then winding across the parking lot. And they'd only let people in a group at a time, to stop the mobbing. Police were there, etc. And then the employees came out and announced that such-and-such was out of stock, and people would leave the line. LOL
When I got done at CompUSA (it only took me 10 min, once the doors opened), I headed over to our rendezvous spot, armed with my walkie-talkie, and after waiting for about 15 min, I decided to go find my husband's car and leave him a note. I found the car, was writing the note, and P-chan walkie-talkied and said he was driving out. LOL I had "found" the wrong car!!! Good thing I didn't get to leave the scrawled love note written on the coupon. So I started driving over to Target, and while maneuvering the parking lot, a car HIT me!! She totally backed up into my car!!! I was so stunned, I didn't even honk. Then she pulled in the parking spot, so I pulled in behind her, imagining all sorts of damage. Turned out my car didn't have a SINGLE scratch!!! Man, I am LOVING my old, plastic bumper!! LOL Her car didn't have any damage either, so I said, "Next time, check your rear view mirror." and got back into my car. Then we headed over to Target.
We ended up with 3 external hard drives (one is no-name brand, so we're probably returning it), an LCD flat screen for the computer, and some items for the move -- air beds, car emergency kit, and luggage (with snazzy 360-degree wheels, NICE). Notice I did NOT get a camera. LOL I'll have to buy that online this week. I had wanted to buy some long-sleeved shirts at Target, but they didn't seem to have them. :( BUT I did get Spiderman 2 and Batman Begins, for $4 each. They also had the Harry Potter movies for $4, but they were only in full-screen, and I'm a widescreen-movie kinda gal. I was sooooo tempted to buy Nanny McPhee, but the cheapskate in me won over (it was priced at $9). Then P-chan took the boys home, and I went over to Sears for some Christmas presents for E's daughters. And, amazingly, that's all I bought there!!! LOL I got home around 9:30.
Getting up at 4am was making me tired, but I let P-chan sleep until about 11, then the boys decided to lay down, and so did I. I slept until 4pm, and then decided to do all the returns from the shopping I'd done on Wednesday, and take a carload of stuff to the thrift store. I didn't get home until around 8, and by that time, I was exhausted again. AND, Fed-Ex decided not to deliver our packages (even though I called them that morning!!!) because of "a local holiday" (P-chan reported). Well, all I can say is, they better get it here on Monday!! *grrr* ....because I have to return one of them. teehee, it was an external hard drive, but I got a much better deal on Friday.

So how many gifts still need to be bought? I think it's 5 now. Not bad, for a starting list of 30. :D

No comments: