Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Tag

I was tagged by several people, so here's my list for the world to see! :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? The kid in me loves wrapping paper, but the tree-hugger in me loves bags! LOL Just as long as it’s covered.
2. Real or artificial tree?
Artificial, cuz it was free. I do love the smell of real trees, but they’re too much hassle for indoors.

3. When do you put up your Christmas tree? About a week before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? When it starts to annoy me.

5. Do you like eggnog? YES! But I’m lactose-intolerant, so P-chan thinks “mine” tastes funny. LOL

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The quilt! I was 13, and got a very pretty quilt. I remember it quite fondly, because it was the first new blanket I ever got. And then my dog decided to have her puppies on it, a year later. Also the Ramona Quimby set of books, when I was 9. Although, that may have been a birthday present (that is at the end of Nov).

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a tiny glass one (with Mary, Joseph, and Jesus) that hangs on our tree, and a small one from the Dollar Store (M, J, Jesus, and the three kings). But I don't have a "real" one with all the pieces that can move around.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My sisters’ husbands, and my father in law.

9. Easiest person to buy for? So far, my boys. They’ve loved every gift. :D of course, they’re young….

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An ugly ornament. And there was that time that my husband put all my gifts in 2 laundry baskets and bound them with phone cord. Yeah…

11. Mail or email Christmas card? eh, what? Oh, yeah…I always intend to mail, but…

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Christmas, for next year. I shop all year long! I’m usually done by Thanksgiving. Now, whether I send them in time is another question....

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present ? Yep! I received some fancy liqueur chocolates, so I gave them to someone who would actually enjoy them.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy cane pie

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? whatever’s handy!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Messiah by Handel! I also really enjoy zany songs, like I want a Hippo.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, Rudolph. The song taught me well! :)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star ? Angel that Krillin made at school.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? One on Christmas Eve, everyone picks their own, and the rest on Christmas day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not being around family. Also crazy drivers and rude employees.

23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? I guess the theme is “be grateful for what you have” cuz it’s just whatever gets on it. LOL But I plan to transition to more sparkle.

24. What do/did you leave for Santa? 2 days before, we write letters and leave them on the tree; the elves come and pick up our letters! Then we leave cookies on the Santa plate (used only this night!) and milk. I really like the idea of him writing back. We also leave a bowl of juice (colored water) and sugar wafers for the reindeer, on the lawn, since we don't have a chimney. :)


Now that you've read this, you are TAGGED! Go post this on your blog/email. :D

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

I have something special to send you for Next Christmas Eve. I'm putting an Outlook Reminder on right now...