Friday, December 28, 2007

funnies

Just had to share some funny stuff the boys said today!
They both got postcards from my dad, who spent Christmas at Disney Land with his wife. Any-hoo, after I read the card to Kenshin (as I was driving, shame on me!), I passed it to him, and he didn't say anything...I looked in the rearview mirror and saw a puzzled look on his face, as he studied the picture on the postcard. Finally, he said, "That's not the Clubhouse!" Yes, he meant the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Can you tell I let him watch weekday morning cartoons? Mickey and Minnie were sitting on the bed in their "house" but Kenshin has only seen the animated Clubhouse. teehee

Later in the day, after a run to McDonald's to use some of the 30-something "free item" coupons I still have (and they expire in 3 days!!!), they were watching Go Diego and Krillin got a funny look on his face. Then he said, "I didn't know a penguin was an animal!" whaaaat? I couldn't stop laughing. I wonder what he thought they were... plant? mineral?

On another note, I have prepared my rebates for the month. I've been sitting on a few cuz I'm just lazy, but I filled them all out, cut the UPCs off, and got the envelopes ready, with postage and all. happy day! There's about $50 in total, plus a free bracelet and tote bag. I also requested November and December rebates from Rite Aid, so that's another $100 we'll soon have in hand. Rebates are dreamy!

I think flowers from florist places are overpriced. But that's nothing compared to the site I found today! Secret Spoons sells gorgeous treats, mostly chocolate-dipped somethings. I just had to click on this:
And if you do, too, then you'll see why I almost fell out of my chair laughing. I mean seriously! The next time you want to pay $30 for 2 caramel apples, please give me a ring. I won't even charge you shipping! I even have all the ingredients on hand, so you won't have to wait for me to find a good deal!

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

yeah -- these kinds of things amaze me...I always think there must be a lot of STUPID people out there...Seriously, who would BUY those?!