Monday, June 26, 2006

party pooped

We celebrated BigK's 4th birthday with a Birthday Extravaganza!!! Well, that's what my husband called it when he found out how many people were invited and that I was renting a jumping castle. LOL
In reality, it was Lisa that rented the castle, as her present to BigK. One of the nice things about the Base is that we get good prices on rental things like that. "On the outside" it costs around $150 for a few hours. Here, it was only $45, and that was for Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday. I know, I can feel your jealousy. :P Once we got the jumping castle to the house, I realized that we have NO shade in the backyard, so had to go back to rent a 10x10 canopy. LOL
So we had about 5 families come from off the base, and another 3 families from here on base. In all, about 45 people were here.P-chan was more than willing to ferry the people from outside, since most didn't have cars and/or the required paperwork to get the car on. Plus, he hates socializing. LOL We had a "bit" of trouble with the barbecuing, so P-chan decided to just cook the hamburgers on the stove. Once Cooper arrived, BigK hung out with only him, go fig! :)
It was really hot, and our dirt is very dirty (as witnessed by the "v" of dirt on my feet from my flip-flops, which wouldn't wash off!!). But the bugs stayed mostly away, just wish I had remembered sunscreen for myself. Now I have a funky (=bad) farmer's tan on my arms.
The kids played "Splash the water on the fire" and all the players got a candy bar (which started to melt fast, ROFL). As you know, I'm a procrastinator, so when I realized I didn't have the game put together (that morning) I had to do it all at once. I was VERY thankful for Microsoft Word, because they had all the clipart that I needed. yay! And, though I do most of my scrapbooking digitally, I did have a package of colored cardstock, so printing was easy (my printer refuses to print colors).

In all, a very good party. And you know what? I have NO pictures from it!!! ggrrrr!! I was so busy running everything, that I didn't ask anyone to take pictures. On hindsight, I should have asked Keska. She's really good. oh well. sheesh!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Sounds like an awesome party!

The curtains in my layout are Peanuts characters. Snoopy is wearing a football helmet. Most of my stuff is hand me downs from my brother. The pennant in the top photo is from Peanuts too.