Friday, June 08, 2007

itchy

TMI: I have a very itchy scalp, and it is seriously driving me insane as of late (esp the last 3 days). I think the heat has something to do with it. I ran out of my prescription (some spray stuff --Kenalog, that's what it is) but I haven't even seen a doctor since we moved here (5 months ago, actually) ---well, I mean for "regular" stuff. LOL I did see a few docs for the allergies from hell and my broken arm. Anyway, every time I call I'm on hold for a very long time, so I haven't actually made an appointment. So when I finally talk to someone, I have to remember to ask for the scalp, and for my wrist.
My wrist is not healing correctly, methinks. I still do not have full range, and it freaks out when I do certain things (read: pain). Plus it's still got the weird bump-thing that bothers me when I write. ugh.
One of the ladies that I visit-teach (for church) and I totally hit it off! :D She has a 7-yo son, and he's so nice. They came to church (hadn't in a while), and for once I was glad I'm in Primary, because I was able to help him feel more comfortable. :)
And she's totally into digital scrapbooking!! FINALLY!!! Someone "IRL" that I can talk about that with. She's actually a beginner, but she's not a total noob because she had been checking out the digi stuff for several months, just saving up money for a new computer and program. Tomorrow she's coming over with her new laptop, and I'm going to teach her how to do a layout. I'm so excited! :D
I can't remember if I posted about this, and I'm too lazy to check...so...I had signed up for a scrapping challenge over at GDS, and I made it to round 2. :) But then I didn't make it to round 3. :( BUT then they asked members to volunteer to write tutorials for beginners...so I signed up. :) I got the first 2 done, and I had forgotten about the reward part -- I got 2 $15 "gift cards" to spend at the GDS store. wahoo! I already spent 1, and I will oogle and oggle some more tomorrow (oh wait, it IS tomorrow -lol). But I have to play with my new stuff before I can spend again. :)
DH and I have started Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. So the $30 that I just earned to spend at the scrapbook store was really nice! I have to ask someone when they expire, because maybe I should hold off on spending it until the next big sale. hahaha
I am really excited about the TMMO, because for the first time, we have a "recipe" for what to do, and how to do it. There's even a "support forum" (my name for it, lol) at LLNOE. "If you live like nobody else now, you can live like nobody else later." This is so in line with how I WANT to live. When we ordered the book The Total Money Makeover, the nice lady "blessed us" (her words) with the bumper-sticker pack, so I attached one directly to my computer:


I need it, to remind me not to spend anything that's not in the budget. And right now, there's a lot of stuff NOT in the budget. :P We already cut back on the phone bill, and later this month we'll be booting the cable as well.
On a happy note, we finally found a DVD type that our DVD recorder likes, so I have to use some of the groceries budget for that. LOL But we won't starve, because we'll be using our food storage, and I always shop sales anyway.
Okay, I must post this before I forget again. :)

No comments: