Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas wishes fulfilled!

We hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Day! Ours is just about over, and it was wonderful. So many things to be thankful for:
Nice weather
Not being in the hospital
Miaka is here! :)
P-chan didn't have to work today
The boys didn't get a case of the "gimmees"

Our day started just after 7am, when Krillin woke up for the bathroom, and stayed awake for the stockings. LOL He was considerate enough to wait (and even wake up) Kenshin before digging into the stockings. Since I never knew what they asked Santa for, I was a bit anxious that Santa brought something they would like. Santa won big points today! :D Krillin got the new Superman movie and some FunKeys, and Kenshin got the Walle movie and FunKeys.

Here's summary of our favorite gifts of the day:
What was the gift you were most excited about giving?
Dad: Flight of the Conchords DVD set, to Mom.
Mom: 6-Minute Stretching book, to Dad.
Krillin: the "Dad's Fix-it Shop" sign, to Dad.
Kenshin: The RC car, to Dad.
Miaka: I didn't give anything, I was just cute and pooted all day.

What is the gift you are most excited about receiving today?
Dad: 6-Minute Stretching book, from Mom. I've been looking for this book for months, ever since I lost the one I had, on the trip to FL.
Mom: Flight of the Conchords DVD set, from Dad. These guys are hiLARious!
Krillin: mini Transformers set, from Mom & Dad. (At least, Mom thinks this was his favorite....)
Kenshin: Ben 10 Omnitrix watch. "I've been wishing for this all DAY!" Really, he's been asking for this for months, but that's what he said today. He also hugged it, and for a few seconds, I thought he was going to cry.
Miaka: I got some very cute clothes from Auntie Emily.

Funniest quote of the day is brought to us by P-chan. A little background, first: We have had a certain frog candle for years (I think we got it when we got married); the frog is relaxing on an inner tube, with his legs hanging out. Over the years, between moving 5 times and having kids, it has gotten pretty beat up. Legs missing, elbows cracked, etc. Last week, P-chan decided he was going to burn it. We put it on a fire-safe plate and forgot about it. Today, he remembered his vow to burn the frog, and placed it in front of the tiny manger scene we have, and told the boys it would keep Jesus warm. About 45minutes later, I heard, "Look, the frog gave his eyes to warm baby Jesus!"
For the record, it was a good 15 minutes before I could stop laughing. Miaka was very upset at me. P-chan is now chagrined at his own comment, but I don't think it was sacrilegious, just irreverent. Thoughts?

3 comments:

The Royals said...

Merry Christmas!

Tori May said...

lol Wow! Kenshin REALLY wanted it!

The Dillon 6 said...

just plain funny (frog eyes).

Don't know how I missed this post before. Wishing for baby pictures, though...