Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving and more

December 1 already?? That means I'm down to 2 weeks until the baby's due date! As excited as I am, I really hope that she doesn't come this week. Why? Because P-chan AND Jessica are going to be out of town for their jobs. Jessica is my BFF here, and in the Original Plan, she would watch the boys while P-chan and I went to the hospital. In the Backup Plan (if P-chan was out of town) Jessica would take me to the hospital, and the boys would stay with Beverly. So for this week, we're down to a somewhat last-minute and spontaneous plan, going something like this:
If it's Tuesday, Wednesday, or early Friday, Beverly will drive me and Donna will watch the boys.
If it's Thursday, Donna will drive me and Amanda will watch the boys.
P-chan will be home by Friday afternoon, and Jessica will be back Friday evening.
I love plans, don't you?

Thanksgiving was spent with Amanda, April, and their families (and another friend, but I can't remember her name, oops!). The food was delicious, and it was nice to be around people we like. :) But on a homesick note, it just wasn't the same as being with Emily and her fam. I really miss you, Emily!

Black Friday, I did not venture out at 4am. Nope, it wasn't until about 10:30 that I left the house. My first stop was CVS, where they had some freebies and a few "better than free" items. Almost everything was still in stock, too. :) Of course I got rainchecks on the things I missed. Next, Jessica and I went to see Twilight. Without giving anything away, I liked it, but still thought parts could have been done better. If they make the 2nd book into a movie, I will probably see that as well. After that, I went to Meijer, and realized that the sale ended at noon (it was almost 3pm). Doh! So then I went to Lowe's to take advantage of their gift card offer, and also got the drill set that I've been oogling! :D And the final stop was Walgreens, where I got paid to take several tubes of Colgate Total toothpaste. LOL Then it was back home, where the boys and I spent a nice evening "at home" (usually I'm dragging them to several stores) while P-chan went to work.

Saturday I got a tank of gas, and paid $1.56 per gallon. :D

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

A DOLLAR FIFTY-SIX for gas?! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the rest of it sounds good too. :)

The Royals said...

Awesome! It is 1.63 here. As noted on my blog, I also did not venture out early. I liked Twilight, but I had really, really really low expectations!