Thursday, June 26, 2008

old MTV

Finally found some time to go searching on YouTube for my personal most-remembered videos from old MTV. Here they are:

Land of Confusion by Genesis
I was 8 when this video was released. It remains in my top 5 Favorite Songs.


I've Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison
This remains one of my favorites, due to the cool animatronics.
There are 2 versions of this, here's the one I did NOT forget. lol


Take on Me by A-ha
I so wanted to be that girl!


and for the cheese topping: Shake Your Love by Debbie Gibson
I still can't help singing along with this song!


I've probably seen thousands of videos on MTV and VH1, but these are the ones I remember. I'm sure some more will come to me later. On a side note, I enjoyed the Pop-Up Videos on VH1.

Oh, and the pictures from yesterday were from the zoo. In fact, they were the only pictures I got before my battery died. oops! I did also get a video of a large turtle moving, but don't know how to load that.

~~Frugal thing for the day~~

When P-chan and I worked at DirecTV, we ended up with a lot of "free crap" with DTV and premium-channel brands on them. One was a coat from HBO Sports; we've had it for about 7 years. The last time I washed it, it left these weird blue plastic-like flakes on the inside of the washer, because the outer liner started coming apart. gross!
To make a long story short (too late!), I pulled it apart tonight. I now have 5 velcro patches, 3 clasps, a coat zipper, and 2 lengths of elastic-pulls (one went around the waist, the other around the hood), and the entire fleece liner.
The longest elastic was used this very night to fix the decrepit laundry mesh basket.
The velcro and fleece may be used soon for cloth diapers.
Any ideas for the others?

2 comments:

The Royals said...

To make a long story short (too late!) I have said this many times, although in my family it goes unnoticed. I laugh at myself, though.

Victoria said...

I loved those too, especially A-HA!

You are the recycle queen. Michael is forever cannibalizing jackets for their zippers.