Friday, June 20, 2008

Yes, I'm pregnant!

Yep, I am pregnant. I posted the picture to be funny, but ended up confusing some peeps. my bad!
I am about 14 weeks along, due on December 16. P-chan was relieved that we'll get the tax credit for the Bean during 2008. We won't find out Bean's gender for another 10 weeks, since my clinic doesn't do it until 24 weeks. I would love to have a girl (who wouldn't?), but a boy would suit us just fine as well. You know, diaper cleanings are easier with boys.

Yes, this baby was planned. Honestly, I've been wanting another one since Kenshin was just a year old, but P-chan still needed some time. I got to thinking about it today, and Bean will be 5 school years behind Kenshin. yikes!

I complain (to P-chan, mostly) about having to drive to Ft Knox (45-min drive) for my medical care, but when I'm pregnant, it is a good thing. Mostly because I have to take Zofran (ondansetron; it prevents nausea and vomiting) 5 times a day, and Ft Knox carries this medicine, so we don't have to pay for it. When we lived in MacDill AFB, they didn't carry it, and the co-pay at Walgreens was $10/pill. Yes, you read that right: 10 bucks per pill. So I didn't take it with Kenshin, and lost too much weight (don't worry, I gained it all back ), but learned how NOT to throw up (mostly, I just sat there). So I'm thankful that I can get my medicine on-post, because this time, we don't have a sister living with us, who can watch the kiddies while I'm puking.

So I have 6 more months of nausea to look forward to (it's not just morning sickness, it's called hyperemesis gravidarum), but the reward will be sooooo worth it.

5 comments:

The Royals said...

I've read a lot about Hyprer whatever and I know Missy had it too. Be careful!

The Dillon 6 said...

we need to form a support group. it's no fun. You are in our prayers!!!

Grandpa Dennis said...

Grandpa Dennis and Grandma Sandii are very happy for youse guys. I think this makes number 203... or maybe 16... or so. KEWL!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Thanks for the visit and the comment on my blog!
Have a good day

Lara's Digi World said...

I´m sooo happy for you, congratulations!!!