Tuesday, June 10, 2008

updates

My friend Penny commented that my blog is about random stuff, and I have to agree. I like it when people read my blog, but I don't really think about other people when I'm writing. No offense! LOL

I currently have a cold. My doctor thinks it's because I haven't been taking my allergy meds, so she told me to take them for another week longer and see if I get better. Since I'm not coughing, I will play along with that. But I do have a sore throat, swollen glands, my face hurts where my sinuses are, and my constant post-nasal drip is really gross. so there!

A few people have asked me if I ever did give Krillin his own key to the house. The answer: No. I decided that would be a really bad idea. I just make sure to leave Ft Knox by 3pm, no matter what (since that's usually where I was racing home, from).

Hmmm....what else? A year ago we read Dave Ramsey's book, Total Money Makeover, and decided to Get Out of Debt, and save 6 months of expenses. We participated in the beta program for Financial Peace University online, and had a blast! We paid off about $5600 in credit card debt by the end of 2007, so January we started saving. We are about halfway to our goal, and we think the Emergency Fund will be complete by the end of this year. Next year we'll still be saving (this time for Retirement and for House Upgrades), but we'll have a bit more for vacations and the like. We haven't been back to Utah since we left in 2002, so it's about time for a visit, eh? I'd also like to take some time in WA, but we've been back there about 4 times since we got married, so I think Utah will win.

Krillin's last day of Kindergarten was today. I almost cried! Since Mrs. Kessler will be at a different school next year, all her walls were already bare! It was so sad!!!! I made her a little Altoid-tin mini album, with pictures of Krillin. I also gave her a beach bag and several goodies inside that. I am so sad that she won't be Kenshin's teacher in 2 years.

There's something that I thought of, but then of course I talked on the phone and have since forgotten it. Oh, well. Blog at ya later!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

How cool that you have been able to keep to a great financial goal! Kudos to y'all!

Michael is planning to take the kids West next summer. I think a stop in Utah then on to California. I think he wants to take them to Yosemite.

Sorry to hear about your sinus issues. I am totally whimpy about nasal congestion, or runny noses. I hope your medication can clear up the problem.

Thanks, again, for my birthday present! :) I got some happy papers by Patricia Amaral and curvalicious by Karin M Designs. :)

The Royals said...

That is awesome about your debt. We should read that book!

Victoria said...

Btw, I tagged you on my blog! :)