Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Mogloween!

In the game DragonFable, it's Mogloween! I'm busily trick-or-treating to get the bad candy from the moglins so they don't turn into Moglinsters. whee!

Only 1 more Sunday to practice our Primary presentation. ack! I know April is freaking out, so I'm trying to stay calm...but the kids still barely know the songs. We don't know what else to do, but pray. So please pray for us! :D

Last night, Krillin turned in his popcorn sales for scouts. P-chan totally worked the "cute" angle to collect orders from the neighbors. He wrote out a "script" for Krillin to read at each house:
Hello, my name is Krillin. I am fundraising for my cub scout troop. Would you like to buy popcorn to help me?
They all thought it was adorable, and ordered from him. Not counting ours, he has 12 orders, including 1 from a certain sister in WA. Thanks! :D I have no idea whether he gets a prize for this, as we weren't part of the troop when everything was announced. But he feels really good, helping out his troop!

On Saturday night, we went to Walgreens for a last-minute trip to use expiring RR's. :D When we came outside, we saw that there had been an accident in the intersection. Kenshin knew that the police and firetrucks (his favorite!!) would soon be showing up, so we all decided to wait around and see what happened. The first trucks there were the ambulances. Then the firetrucks, and finally the police. (I didn't have my camera, or I would totally have taken pictures. How looky-loo of me.) We live in a small town (this is 1 of 4 traffic lights), so this was pretty exciting stuff for us looky-loo's and for the emergency services. It reminded me of when Kenshin had to go in the ambulance. LOL Anyway, there were 2 ambulances, 1 big firetruck, 2 small firetrucks, 4 police cars, and another EMS truck, but it was just an SUV. A green truck had hit a black SUV in the intersection. From what I heard people saying, one of the drivers was drunk, but I couldn't tell which. One person from each car had to go in an ambulance, but there was none of that "rush rush" stuff, so I don't think they were life-threatening injuries. Krillin remembered what the firefighter told them the other day, and asked Kenshin if he wanted to see them use the Jaws of Life, and of course Kenshin said yes. (For the rest of the night and all day Sunday, Kenshin kept talking about the Jobs of Life. I thought it was so cute, I didn't correct him!) The Jaws of Life were not necessary, as nothing was crushing anyone, or flipped over. When most of the vehicles cleared away and the tow-trucks showed up, we could see that the green truck's front was all smashed up, and the SUV's side was smashed (we could even see the airbags), and had a flat tire. Since all the vehicles were now gone, Kenshin announced it was time to go home. LOL I tried looking up info on the accident, but it didn't even make the news here.

Gas is now $2.43 here. If I use our grocery store discount, then it's $2.33. :D How low can it go?

Would you like some free printable Halloween treat boxes? Go to Gail's blog and pick them up, then head to KJoi for the instructions. :) They are so cute, and you don't even need a photo editor to use them, you could use them in Word even. Have fun!

1 comment:

The Royals said...

I miss my boys excitement with fire trucks! Or as Alex used to say fire f***!