Tuesday, October 07, 2008

long time!

Sorry for the lapse in posting. I've been very scatter-brained, exhausted, and busy. LOL

Krillin has started going to Cub Scouts; he's in the same pack as some friends that are a year older. Today was his third week going, and he loves it! I bought him a polo shirt (clearance! lol), book, and belt at the BSA store, since a friend is giving him a few supplies. We still need to get him the official shirt, but I had to check the finances first. LOL
The den leader, Andy, is great! He's former Army, but nobody's perfect. ;) Tonight he showed them some magic tricks, which the boys LOVED. That earns them something in their book. I still need to read up on what it all is. :)

P-chan brought me the latest book in the Inheritance Series, "Brisingr". I was very touched by the gesture, because 2 days before we decided I shouldn't buy it new, no matter how much I wanted to read it. LOL He had borrowed it from a co-worker ("I just took it."), who challenged me to read it in 1 day. If I had been able to concentrate for longer than an hour at a time, I could have done it. But I have not been able to concentrate, so it took me 4 days. Very good book! I highly recommend it (in fact, the whole series) to anyone who likes dragons and magic.

I've been reading the Charlie Bone books. Very light reading, kinda fluffy. Just what I need right now. :) The boys lost "By the Banks of Plum Creek" so I started where we left off in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". Oh my word, is the print TINY in that book. I felt like I needed bifocals.

General Conference was very good. I couldn't concentrate enough to take notes, so I will need to read the talks later. But I do remember the announcement of a new temple, in Rome. I thought the reaction was odd, until P-chan reminded me that the Vatican is in Rome. ooooohhhh! *smacks forehead* Yep, that is big news. Have I mentioned how scatter-brained I am lately?

I have been "couponing" a lot more than I had been the last few months. My favorite cashier at Walgreens told me that some of the other cashiers are afraid of my coupons. I find this funny, because coupons just aren't scary. She explained that they're afraid they'll mess up and then I'll be mad at them. I have been trying to figure out why I would elicit this response. I don't think I've ever yelled at a cashier there.... But maybe I have, and I've forgotten about it. There was one cashier who I got really frustrated with, when she kept calling the manager over to check if I could use a coupon. Finally, the manager got fed up and told her, "All of them are good. She knows what she's doing. Don't call me again unless the register beeps." And ya know what? The register never beeps! :D Now she's not exactly friendly, but she doesn't question everything anymore.
Last week I got 45 body washes for 50¢ each, 14 toothbrushes for free, and some cheap cookies. This week it's all about the Glade. So far, I have 9 Wisp flameless candles they paid me to take, and I plan to get more....just have to find them. LOL Also, 4 plug-ins, 5 candles, 1 scented oil holder, and 4 refills for free after rebates and coupons. Counting the Register Rewards from last week as "cash", this week I have spent $59, and I have $31.50 in new Register Rewards, and I'll get $23 in rebates, leaving a total of $4.50 out of pocket. Nice! It'll get better, too, since the toothbrushes are still generating RR, and I still have coupons for them. hahahahaha!

So what am I going to do with all these? I'm glad you asked! I'm putting together care packages for Military members serving overseas. Zappos.com has a store in town, and they are donating the shoe boxes. The most expensive part will be the shipping, but it's no more expensive than sending a box to family here, thanks to the APO/FPO rules. :)

I have started playing DragonFable, an online animated fantasy RPG. P-chan found it, and I kept questioning his actions, so he finally made me start my own account. LOL While P-chan has 3 different characters, I only have 1, a mage. Because it's all done online in the browser, I can logout when I'm bored and login when I'm ready to play again. Krillin has also gotten in on the action. He's got a warrior with bright yellow armor, white hair, and green eyes. :) My mage wears a yellow dress and has white skin and blue hair. You can change anything in the appearance just by visiting the barber, except for the clothing. You're stuck with that, once you choose it at the beginning. LOL

Okay, I'd better post this before it becomes a month since the last post...

3 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

it's bout dang time!!! ;) Sure hope you keep it up.

The Royals said...

You are my coupon hero!

Casey said...

OMG girl... you need to teach me how to coupon like this. lol NICE!!!