Thursday, April 26, 2007

weird

my right arm is begging to have something wrapped tightly around it! It hates the air, it hates being touched, and for the love of chocolate, it really hates me asking it to do things that it hasn't done for 5 weeks.

and it is molting dead skin like a snake. I am not exaggerating. I keep applying lotion (and it screams the entire time) to make it less icky, but it just goes on shedding. ick!

My sister Karen and her family are coming for a visit next week!!! I am soooo excited! She's a Stampin' Up rep, so I'm going to host a little get-together, and we will make cards!! I love that. They get here Friday, I think mid-day, and I don't know what she has planned for that day. yeah, she did the planning, I just said, "heck yeah! oh, oops, I broke my arm." Then Saturday we'll go to the Temple, then the Louisville Slugger Museum and Tour, then the card party. wahoo!! Sunday will be quieter, what with church and all. :) Then I think they leave on Monday. She homeschools her 3 boys (ages 14, 12, and 10 I think), and they are doing a Church History/US History tour. She is excited, I know. PLUS, her hubby just retired from his job, so he's going on the trip too. how cool is that!

It took 2 hours to get the boys asleep tonight. At 10pm, I noticed that P-chan never came back from the bathroom (we were watching TV together) and Kenshin said "Daddy is on your own bed." grrrrreeeeaaaaattt! So I got them in the room, read them a story, sang a few songs (think twinkle, twinkle), then got them sippy cups with water, and said good night. After a few minutes, Krillin called me back in for prayers. Then I said good night. Then both boys demanded milk! So I got it, and said good night. Then Kenshin called me in because his milk tasted funny. I changed the sippy top (because the milk was FINE) and he was happy. So I said good night. Then Krillin reminded me that I had to turn on the music. So pushed play on the stereo (the 7-CD changer filled with classical music) and said good night. Then Krillin asked me to come back in and say scriptures with him. I could only remember 2, so between sobs, Krillin explained that Daddy knows more, and I should know them. Yes, I should know them, but it's after 11 by this time, and I was very cranky. So I told him we'd read them tomorrow, and said good night. After several times going in to comfort them, I tried separating them: Kenshin with Daddy, and Krillin on the couch (I was trying to work on the computer). Krillin fell right asleep, but Kenshin pestered Daddy, so I had to take him back to his own bed. Then I had to re-arrange his "ammals" because his fussing had moved them. At 11:43, I was able to sit down again, and here it is 1 hour later, and I haven't heard a peep from anyone. good. so much for waking up early.

No comments: