Friday, January 25, 2008

good day, bad day

Okay, so I think I got the login issue (on my computer) fixed, so I can do stuff again. But now my internet keeps going out. grr.
Yesterday, Krillin was awarded the Bronco of the Month for his classroom. They had a little program after school for all the Broncos. He was so cute! His teacher thinks he is so funny and serious, all at the same time. He asked her, "What are you going to say?" when he realized the teachers were saying something about their students. Then he sat and thought about what he would say. When it was their turn, he held the mic really close to his mouth, so he sounded really loud.

I fell today while going down the steps at the front of my house, and scraped the heck out of my right shin. It hurts a LOT!!! The only reason I didn't cry is because I didn't want to freak out my kid. AND, I was carrying my coupon boxes (yes, that's plural), a box to ship, and my purse. Of course everything went flying. At least the coupons stayed in their envelopes, or I really would screamed. It kinda irks me that 2 different neighbors saw me on the ground, and did nothing to help. so much for the neighborhood!
I was going to tough it out and still go shopping, but then realized my leg was swelling, so we went back inside and called my mommy. It's true! I called my mom to ask what type of pain reliever would be best. So I took some tylenol and put my leg up until the pain abated. But I HAD to get to the post office, I had 3 packages and 2 large envelopes to mail, and most of them should have been mailed on Tuesday. So I braved it.
Actually, I went to Walgreens first to buy a ginormous band-aid for my wound (nothing bloody, but it sure is sensitive and my jeans weren't helping). I ended up just doing my entire "deals" trip there, since I was feeling fine, aside from the limp. My total was $82-something before coupons, and $29.29 after. PLUS I got 3 coupons: $10 oyno, $5 oyno, and a free movie ticket. The manager rang me up, and he was amazed in a good way. He said, "It's too bad that doesn't work like that at the grocery store." I giggled and said, "It does for me!" And he just laughed and shook his head.
I was still limping pretty bad, so I did take more time than I had planned, so I had to scoot to the Post Office, and then got distracted by the fun postage stamps!! I got back home RIGHT after the bus dropped Krillin off, so he wasn't worried yet. I really need to get him a key.
In the mail, I got a rebate check for some lunch meat, and my Victoria's Secret order came in, and my sister sent me a huge envelope of expired coupons so I can send them to my friend Heather to use (she's in the Azores) at the commissary. Thanks Lisa!!
So: bad day cuz I scraped my shin, but good day cuz of the deals, and I also have some things to scrapbook.

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

bummer about the knee, kiddo. Hope it's feeling better. I can't believe they let your K-er off the bus ALONE! They barely let ours off with Becca. Yikes!! Great deals. Love ya!!

Victoria said...

How painful! I hope all is healed now. I really get irked when people don't help when someone gets hurt!

You are my coupon idol! I always push the "No" button at Kroger because I don't have any!