Monday, January 14, 2008

...mushroom

I bought some not-so-fresh mushrooms Saturday, and today I sliced them up and put them in the dehydrator. And boy do they STINK!!
I now have a bunch of remains for the compost, and soon will have dry mushrooms that I'll keep in my new-to-me freezer. I did tell P-chan that I wouldn't do the compost over the winter, but it really started to bug me that all those good food remains were ending in the trash. So I started again yesterday. And instead of putting them in the dirt around garden, I'm going to fill in the hole from when P-chan dug out the tree stump.
My sister Lisa is coming to stay with us for awhile. It's unclear whether it's just a visit, or if it's long-term, but I suspect just a visit. The boys are really excited, and I am too!

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

stinky mushrooms? And you KEPT them?! How odd. ;)

Lisa will be excited when you tell her about a visit. Especially if she knows she can visit you multiple times a year. :)