Saturday, January 19, 2008

Reba & Kelly!!

Tonight I went with Jecka to the Reba & Kelly concert.
Photobucket
It was aweSOME!!! Did you ever watch the Reba show on TV? Remember Barbara Jean? She was there! Melissa Peterman (aka "Barbara Jean") was the opening comedy act. She was hilarious!! I love how she calls herself Barbara-Jean.
Then there was a 15-minute break, and Reba & Kelly came onstage!!! Kelly was wearing a black sleeveless shirt with white grapics all over it (couldn't read it), and a pair of flaired jeans. Reba wore a maroon tanktop with sparklies, and some way cute jeans (bet they're from her line of clothes!), and about 10 necklaces!
They came up through the stage on a little elevator, singing a "cover" of an oldies song, but I totally can't remember it right now. Then came Walk Away, Lights Went Out in Georgia, another song by Kelly, then Beautiful Disaster. Even though Beautiful Disaster is on 2 of her albums, I had never heard it before. I love it! Then came Sleeping with the Telephone (so sweet! and very near to my heart) and Miss Independent. Then they "brought it down a bit" (their words) with The Greatest Man (aaawww!), Kathy's Clown (another oldie cover), Up to the Mountain (by Kathy Griffin), How Blue, One Promise Too Late, and Be Still (another "new" Kelly song for me).
Then Love Revival really brought down the house, followed by Never Again (my new favorite Kelly song), And Still, Break Away, Does He Love You (I don't like this one), and Is There Life Out There.
Then Melissa Peterman came onstage to "surprise!!!" Reba. Reba and Kelly sang I'm a Survivor, and Melissa joined in at the end, being all goofy, it was great! I'm pretty sure her mic was turned off, unless she really is a good singer. Then they sang A Moment Like This, and exited the stage.
Of course, we knew that wasn't the end!!! After about 5 minutes of clapping, screaming, hooting, hollering, stomping, whistling, and chanting, they came back onstage. They had fresh clothes on. They performed Since You Been Gone, Because of You, and Fancy (Don't Let Me Down). Everyone sang along to them all, at the top of our lungs, and it was AWESOME. Then they brought the curtains down, and it really was the end. *sigh* I'm so glad Jecka took me!!!
The only bummer was that none of the merchandise had Reba&Kelly on it. It was just Reba's stuff. and Kelly's stuff. dang! But I bought 2 keychains. Can't walk away empty-handed!

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

have to admit ~ despite what I told you on the phone, i'm ENVIOUS that you got to go! But HAPPY that you went. I haven't been to a concert in Y-E-A-R-S!!!

ps -- get rid of word verify!