Monday, August 04, 2008

another round, on the house!

Yes, folks, we're in the throes of Kenshin's round of puking. He started at about 4am, and hasn't really stopped. He actually slept with all his stuffed animals, in my bathroom. Since today was Krillin's "school physical" doc appointment, I had to put a barf bucket in the car. yay! Kenshin even obliged me by using it. I love to feel needed. At least he didn't puke at the doctor's office. Unfortunately, he is so tired, he can't even walk, so I had to carry him. From the car. To the office. It's about a football field. Not good for my belly or pulled muscle, but necessary, since I don't have a stroller that will hold him! When I got to the building, a very nice uniformed man carried Kenshin the rest of the way. Thank you, Army guy! And, Doc was nice enough to see Kenshin today, instead of tomorrow, for his school physical. yay! Kenshin did perk up for standing on the "spaceship" scale. And even when he's about to fall asleep, he can yell, "A firetruck!" at the top of his lungs, and point.

I really hope Rebekah doesn't get sick from being around us. That would really stink.

I'm operating on pure caffeine and will power today, as I've had about 3 hours sleep. The last time I had caffeine was a year ago, when I drove (by myself) with the boys to North Dakota. It's very effective on me because I don't have it often.

When we got home, I noticed the back left tire looked funny, so I looked closer, and found a nail in it! So we all got back in the car, and drove to the repair shop. There, I ordered a tire repair, rotation, balance, and the rest of the repairs we've been holding off. So much for savings this month.

Random quote for the day (from Saturday), courtesy of Kenshin:
"I love Kay-Kay! She is pretty. *pause* Is Kay-Kay a girl?"
(Krillin) "Yes, she's a girl."
"Good. Does she have a boyfriend?"
"I don't think so."
"Good! She can be my girlfriend. I love her."
(Kay-Kay is a 10yo girl from down the street. go, Kenshin!)

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

I hope hte visit goes well. And that Kenshin is also feeling better sooner than later. Our doc said that water when puking is no good--- the body's looking for sugars...try gatorade, watered down juice, soda with no bubbles, etc. Good luck!!!