Friday, August 08, 2008

happy birthday P-chan!

Today is the glorious celebration of the anniversary of the birth of my dear, loving husband! He said he "didn't care" what type of cake I made for him, so the boys chose! It was a yellow cake with my favorite buttercream frosting. I found a picture of the characters the boys wanted, and hand-drew them onto the white crumb-layer. Please click the picture to see it larger!


Then I outlined everything in grey, and filled it all in.


If you recognize the characters, you are my favorite! For everyone else, it is Zatch, Tia, and Ponygon from the anime Zatchbell on Cartoon Network. P-chan does watch the show, so he knew who they were.
I put a LOT of candles on his cake (cuz he's so old!) and I'm surprised the smoke alarm didn't go off, because 14 of them were the sparking, trick candles. He "blew out" the candles about 10 times before he finally used something to kill them. We also had Chocolate Cherry Nut Truffle ice cream and then P-chan got to open his presents! All in all, a fun party. I love you, P-chan! Happy birthday!

3 comments:

The Royals said...

happy birthday!

The Dillon 6 said...

Happy happy birthday, Philipp, dear, happy days will come to you all year. If I had one wish then it would be -- a Happy Happy Birthday to YOU from ME!

What a lucky boy you are to celebrate your birthday on 080808 while watching the Olympics!!!

Tori May said...

Happy Bday Pchan!