Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Talkative Tuesday

~~boys from space~~
P-chan finally bought his helmet for his motorcycle (that's what we're calling it now, since it's legally "motorcycle" class). The boys had to try on the cool dragon!

~~end of the visit~~
Rebekah went home Saturday, and boy do we miss her! Krillin was sad when he realized he never gave her the art project he's been working on. I realized that we also never gave her the mini-bat from the Louisville Slugger Museum. oops! Well, that's what first class mail is for, I suppose. ;)
While she was here, we got to visit several places that we hadn't been to before: JB Speed Art Museum (we got some fun pictures!); and The Old School House
Bullitt County Old Stone Jail

and Bernheim Forest trails (I was not feeling well that day, so I stayed home).

~~Primary lesson~~
Sunday was my turn to teach Sharing Time in Primary at church. We talked about the Holy Ghost, and how it acts as a shield against temptations. I made a CTR shield, and it turned out quite nice, if I do say so myself. And I do! LOL


~~girl stuff~~
I am not a "girly-girl." I never have been. And now that we're having a girl, people keep saying, "You're going to have so much fun dressing her up! Pink will be your new favorite color!" I just nod and laugh, but it makes me want to scream. Why pink? And what's with all the frills? gah! How am I going to take care of a girl??

And then I saw the Tiddliwinks Ladybug collection at Target. I love it! I must have it all (well, the dust ruffle I can do without). And now, I think I am starting to "get" the girl thing. Well, at least the ladybugs. :)


~~Krillin starts school today~~
Yesterday we met his new teacher, and saw the classroom. Ben and Collin from our street will also be in his class, so I warned the teacher. LOL
Kenshin cried today when he realized why Krillin was going outside with his backpack. It's only 10am, and already I miss him. Only 6 more hours till he gets home.

7 comments:

Autismland Penny said...

So are you doing ladybugs??? Are you registering at Target??? I need to know these things ASAP!!!

Autismland Penny said...

Ok, so I couldn't wait so I checked Target and found you! I am so excited that you are doing ladybugs! Woohoo! I can go shopping!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

Wow, Krillin! You get to ride the Bullet Bus to school?! Is it as fast at the Bullet Train?!

The Ladybug thing is SO cute! And girls don't HAVE to be pink -- trust me.

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

look closely...they spell it "Bullitt" here.... LOL

The Royals said...

You must do the girl thing for me...please! I don't have any and I am so jealous :(

Victoria said...

You did a FABULOUS job on the shield! Clap, Clap!

Congratulations the baby and school starting! The days are just packed! P-Chan's cake was awesome, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me such great comments, i love reading them! =) Congrats on having a girl too! Love the ladybug set - the colours are sweet! Hehe, my eldest actually went through a faze of HATING pink, my DH told me i had 'over-pinked' her! ROFL! Luckily, she has now realised her error, LOL, and loves it again!