Wednesday, July 09, 2008

good-bye to Pampered Chef

As you may know, I was a "cooking consultant" with Pampered Chef for several years. I started out doing it for the discount, and continued with it as a hobby. I really enjoy cooking, and meeting new people. When we moved here to Kentucky, I struggled finding a new customer base, and it became more like a chain around my neck, than the fun hobby I had signed up for. There were times in the past that I wondered if it was time to quit (really, how many stoneware do I need?? LOL) but it always happened that I would get a big order or a show to "keep me alive". This time, no orders and no cooking shows blessedly appeared (I think it's been 6 months since I turned anything in). I took that as a sign that it's time for me to hang up my hat. About the same time, there were several things that came down the line from corporate that really got my goat, so I am glad I made the decision. I decided to "blog" this decision because it makes it more final, somehow. Also, I want to list some things on ebay. ROFL
I may become a consultant again in a few years, but right now I'm focused on my other hobbies. The 2 things I will miss the most are hanging out with Penny at conference, and of course the discount. ;)
If you are looking for a Pampered Chef consultant, I can refer you to one. My good friend Penny is in Florida, and I think she's awesome!

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

I am shedding some tears for you. I know how much you LOVED their stuffs. I still like my can opener (even though it's sporadic) and recently I've started using my dough cutter (what do you call that thingy?!) pastry thingy? to chop berries for freezer jams. It's great for that!!

Good luck on Ebay. Save me something good for next time you have me for Christmas. ;)

Victoria said...

I love my stir pitcher, but I understand how hard it is to drum up business. I'm sure you will have years of baking pleasure, though!