Monday, July 14, 2008

picture of my house

We live in Kentucky, while most of our extended family lives in Utah and Washington. So far, only 2 family members have visited us (my MIL in March 2007, and Karen & fam in May 2007).
EDIT: P-chan reminded me that my dad visited us first, in January 2007 (he actually helped us move in!); P-chan's BIL (with some of the kids) came to visit in April 2007 (I think ~ my arm was broken, so it was either March or April); and his brother Andrew & fam came in October 2007. I feel very silly for not remembering those visits.
I was informed by Vicky that she had yet to see my house, as it isn't available on any of the snazzy "live" maps...I don't know why it isn't. I swear I really do live at my address. LOL The closest thing I have found is on MSN Live Maps... I have to search for the street that leads to the subdivision, and even then, some of the streets are labeled wrong. LOL
Here's where my house should be (click for bigger image):

But the "live" picture is about 2 years old, so it doesn't even show the ground being broken for our house. for shame! And here is a picture of our house. We hate the house itself sometimes, but I do love living in this community and Kentucky.

I have more recent pictures (the trees are bigger and the grass looks better), but I cannot find my camera cord, so on the camera they stay. Here is one of the back of the house, taken after sunset, so it's dark. sorry. I just noticed that this is also before we did anything with the yard; now we have a garden and a swingset.

later!

4 comments:

Tori May said...

Finally! I get to see your house! Oh! It's all american looking....just needs a white picket fence.

The Royals said...

It seems like we were just there!

The Dillon 6 said...

nice. :)

Our street was finally updated and our house exists online now. YOu can even see the big blue truck in the driveway

Plain City Dickamores said...

Julie,
Hey this is cousin Dyan. Did you know that my dad is in kentucky right now with my son Erik working on family history. I was try to find your e-mail but couldn't. Thae are in Vanceburg is that close to you. My e-mail is soccerhen@gmail.com. Let me know