Saturday, July 26, 2008

19 weeks along!

This week was the 19th week of my pregnancy. I realized yesterday I hadn't taken a photo of my belly, so I took one last night! Well, several, really, but only 1 good one; here it is. :)
Yep, that's flour on my belly. I was making more zucchini bread. Why? Because the dagnabbit grubs killed all the squash plants again. I thought I had taken all the precautions, and gotten rid of them from last year, but at least 7 different disgusting grubs got into the plants, and some of the squash themselves, and I had to rip out the plants. I'm "afeared" for my pumpkins now, too...but they haven't flowered yet, so we'll just have to see. Any-hoo, not counting the zucchini I used for the previous loaves, I had 3 small, 2 medium, and the ginormous albino one. I was shredding zucchini for a long time. ... I just figured out that THAT is why my right arm hurts.
I made 1 loaf last night, and today I made 4 more (after getting more eggs). I'll make 4 more tomorrow, I think (I ran out of vanilla, flour, and brown sugar, so had to buy some more). I have enough zucchini for 4, but that's a lot of bread. Missy suggested using it as an extra ingredient for things like spaghetti sauce, and it's not a bad idea. Of course, we don't eat a lot of pasta right now, on account of me not being able to enjoy it. I'll probably make the 4 loaves and share the joy with our neighbors. I love being able to use all 4 stoneware loaf pans at the same time. Maybe I'll use the mini loaf pan, too, just for giggles! I used up the last of the Pampered Chef vanilla and cinnamon. *sniff*

Today we went to Bro Decker's house for the Pioneer Day celebration. We missed the walk-through, and I forgot my camera, but at least we got there for good food.



J Copper Lowercase Letter u Plain Educational Block L i E

cool, huh? I got these images from Spell With Flickr. Now you do it, too! Just type in your word and the images will show up. If you'd like a different image for a letter, just click that image, and a new one will appear. Then you can copy and paste the html code that shows up. yay!

5 comments:

Tori May said...

Pregnant Julie FTW! LOLOLOLOLOL
Cameron wants to know if being pregnant makes you a +1 Julie. hehehe

Grandpa Dennis said...

Dad here.
Congrats on the "belly"! I have saved the picture. It will be nice to have the results of the bump in a few months. Our zukes are growing but not ready for plucking yet. Have you had chocolate zucchini bread? Sndii has the yummy recipe.
Love ya... Dad

The Dillon 6 said...

ohh -- so cute!!

I wonder what he thought a penguin was...

Autismland Penny said...

You are so cute!!! I was so sad not to sleep with you this year!! I had to sleep with Jennifer! She was not as fun! I am still waiting on yummy zuchinni bread!

Victoria said...

Great photo of your baby bump, Julie!

I'm drooling over the thought of some scrumptious zucchini bread!