Friday, July 18, 2008

Off to Vanceburg, KY ... and a Mogert update

And what in the world is in Vanceburg, KY? you might ask.

Well, for this weekend, at least 2 of my uncles and 1 of the boys' cousins. Uncle Alan organized a clean-up of some ancestor's gravesites, and a little family reunion. I found out about it 2 months ago, and then promptly forgot. (I blame it on pregnancy brain!) But luckily, Missy and Dyan reminded me yesterday, so I'm packing right now, and leaving in a few hours. It's a 3-hour drive from here, so we'll get there this evening. I haven't seen any family from WA in 3 years, and the boys don't even remember anyone from there. I am taking BOTH cameras, just in case I use up all the space on one.

~~Mogert~~
I finally know what a Mogert is! I actually asked him where he got the word. As is with any mystery solved, it's not as fun to know as the want to know, so I've put it in white text. You'll have to highlight to find out. :)
In the movie "Spiderwick Chrocnicles", they fight the evil ogres, led by Mulgarath. When an almost-4yo combines "Mulgarath" and "ogre" you get: Mogert.

6 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

Yeah -- kids come up with the oddest words, don't they?

When Laurel was in Pre-K she kept telling me about the "Automatic Room." When the boys were in the automatic room, the girls were playing with cars. When the girls were in the automatic room, the boys were playing with cars. Boys and girls never went to the automatic room together. The Automatic Room, along with some other, um, interesting things that Laurel was teling me prompted me to write her teacher a memo asking for some explanations.

She called me that morning. In an attempt to be "politically correct" the term "Housekeeping" was eliminated from school vocabulary. They replaced "housekeeping" with "Dramatic Arts" -- or, to Laurel's ears, "Automatic Room" -- not sure about the "room" except that it was in a designated space within the classroom.

Mrs. Ghiozzi also told me that she was dumping "dramatic arts" and reverting to "Housekeeping." PC be darned!

The Dillon 6 said...

PS -- have fun and share pictures from this weekend! I'm very excited for you!!!

Juliana said...

Have a good trip!

Oh, about your comment on my blog - yes, I sent you an invitation weeks ago! It must have been lost in the mail! ;) The Star Wars party is happening right now, but I am having myself some computer time. I also prefer Episodes 4, 5, and 6. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

The Royals said...

Mogert is much better than knowing what one is!

The Royals said...

We actually started calling people mogerts, now!

Victoria said...

That was like invisible ink with a virtual twist...so clever!